We provide chiropractic care, physiotherapy and X-ray services at our three locations in West Covina, Alhambra and Bell Gardens.
CITIES THAT ARE CLOSE TO OUR LOCATIONS.
West Covina Chiropractic Office (Eastside Health Clinic), Alhambra Chiropractic Office (Alhambra Health Clinic) and Bell Gardens Chiropractic, are close to the following cities; West Covina is close to La Puente, Baldwin Park, Azusa, City of Industry. Alhambra office is close to; San Gabriel, Rosemead, Pasadena, Monterey Park, Montebello, East Los Angeles. Bell Gardens office is close to city of Commerce, South Gate, Huntington Park, Pico Rivera, Montebello, Downey and Paramont.
At our three locations, West Covina Chiropractic Office, Alhambra Chiropractic Office and Bell Gardens Chiropractic, we provide the highest quality of care, and we open from 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM.
At West Covina Chiropractic Office, Alhambra Chiropractic Office and Bell Gardens Chiropractic , we give immediate same day appointments.
All offices staff are bilingual – both English and Spanish.
At West Covina Chiropractic Office, Alhambra Chiropractic Office and Bell Gardens Chiropractic, we treat patients who are involved in motor vehicle/whiplash injuries.
This information is provided to broaden the understanding of whiplash injuries.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash occurs when the head is violently snapped back and forth. Since your neck is the most flexible part of the spine, it is more vulnerable to injury.
Four Major Types of Injury Occur
- Muscle Injury: During an accident your muscles are often stretched or strained. This can lead to painful swelling and tenderness in the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
- Nerve Injury: As the muscles are stretched, so are the nerves. Nerves can be stretched too far or “pinched.” This occurs more often if your head was turned during the impact or your headrest was not positioned properly.
- Joint Injury: The key to the movement in your neck is the joints located in each of your cervical vertebrae. They allow the bones to move smoothly over each other. Injury to these joints may cause pain in the area of the affected joint and/or pain in other areas of the body such as the arms and shoulders.
- Disc Injury: Discs function as shock absorbers and spacers between the vertebrae. They make space for the sensitive nerves to exit the spinal cord. A whiplash injury can cause these discs to bulge, herniate or rupture, which may lead to painful nerve irritation.
Whiplash can also occur from sports impacts, slips and falls.
Symptoms of Whiplash:
- Neck Pain
- Blurred Vision
- “Pins and needles,” Numbness
- Reduced Mobility
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Proper treatment of any condition involves treating the cause and not just the symptoms. As a chiropractor, Dr. Arshaid is trained to get to the root cause of your symptoms. Your symptom may stem from a new injury or one sustained years ago. Dr. Arshaid will review your complete health history and perform a thorough physical examination to reveal any underlying physical problems.
- Chiropractic care can provide pain relief and increase your mobility and flexibility.
- Increased mobility and flexibility allow your body to heal faster.
- Chiropractic care is a safe, effective treatment for whiplash.
- Chiropractic care can help restore the normal forward curve of your neck without the use of drugs or surgery.
Most rear-impact car accidents occur between 1/2 mile to 5 1/2 miles per hour.
- An impact at 5 miles per hour can cause soft tissue damage. In a rear-impact car accident, your head can accelerate up to 2 1/2 times faster than your car.
- A significant percentage of people with whiplash will suffer chronic symptoms and 10% will suffer disability.
Chiropractic doctors are trained in general health care with specialized training in the spine & the spines relationship to overall health. Their practices emphasize wellness, disease prevention, nutrition and fitness. To provide the safest and most effective treatment all patients are appropriately examined based on their individual needs. The spine contains the portion of your nervous system that controls and coordinates the movement of virtually all of the body’s muscles and joints as well as the functions of the body’s internal organs. For the spine, and the nerves it contains, to function properly the vertebrae (bones) that compose the spine must be properly aligned with one another and the muscles surrounding the spine must be balanced in their strength. This symmetry is lost when the vertebrae of the spine becomes mis-aligned through bad posture, physical strains, or injuries. The balanced movement of the body is lost when subluxations cause tension in the muscles. This can lead to a variety of painful complaints and health issues. Chiropractic care corrects the problems, reduces tension and relieves the pain. Our West Covina Chiropractic Office and Alhambra Chiropractic Office provide treament for patients who are involved in a Automobile Accidents, Slip and Fall and work related injuries. We provide in office x-ray and referral to MRI, orthopedics and Neurologists, so our patients gets the best care and result.
West Covina Chiropractic Chiropractors Office, 1535 W. Merced Ave., Suite 202 West Covina
Alhambra Chiropractic Chiropractors Office, 1041 S. Garfield Ave., Suite 208, Alhambra